Frenzel Tube Amplifiers
Custom Built To Order Vintage Hand-Wired Tube Amps
Made in America -"Designed To Last For Generations" - Since 1952
Stereo Class A ultra-linear audio reproduction using vintage EL84's for crystal clear fidelity. Separate volume and tone controls for each channel to give you the ultimate in tone control!
Shown With Wood Panel Upgrade
The FRENZEL Stereo SS-84 was designed as a stereo amp platform for all your audio gear. It will transform you back to the time when tubes ruled the audio world. If you love the vintage high fidelity tube sound....you will love this amp. It comes standard with many unique features including a separate volume, tone stack, and presence controls for each channel which allows you to fine tune the sound just the way you like it. Hooked up to the output of your CD player or Entertainment Center, it will give you stereo sound like you have never heard before. It comes with three input interfaces to select up to 3 different devices such as PHONO, CD, or AUX. We also offer as an option a custom input interface for use as a power amp for your musical instruments....such as a guitar or keyboard.
Input and Output Jacks isolated from chassis for low noise, eddy currents, and hum.
Three pair of RCA input L - R jacks - PHONO - CD - AUX
Star ground system to reduce induced current chassis noise.
Rock solid point-to-point hand wiring using only the best of parts...low noise tubular polypropylenes caps, metal film resistors, ceramic sockets, switchcraft jacks...etc.
Classic PRESENCE controls for extended highs with Edge pull switches for more dynamic and less compressed tones.
Single Volume with Dual Tone Stacks, and Presence controls for precise control of tones.
Class A cathode biased ultra-linear EL84'S for the warm vintage tones.
Oversized "ultra linear" output transformers.
Speaker Impedance Selector Switch for each channel which allows you to use 4, 8, 0r 16 ohm speakers.
Heavy Duty Banana Type Speaker Jacks
Power Output 15 watts per channel @ 4, 8, 16 ohms
Heavy duty 5U4 rectifier for optimum sag and regulation.
Extra long (10') three prong grounded power cord.
Classic knobs and open style chassis.
Vintage jewel pilot light and classic toggle switches.
Standby switch to turn off plate voltage during warmup to prevent cathode stripping of the tubes...and to extend tube life when amp is not in use.
Compact 17" x 10" lightweight non-magnetic aluminum chassis with bottom cover plate and rubber feet.
Tube compliment: 4 - 12AX7's, 4 - EL84's, 1 - 5U4
INPUT SELECTOR SWITCH
L - CHANNEL
- PRESENCE WITH LOUDNESS EDGE SWITCH
R - CHANNEL
- PRESENCE WITH LOUDNESS EDGE SWITCH
- PILOT LIGHT
- POWER SWITCH
- POWER CORD
- L CHANNEL SPEAKER OUT JACK
- L CHANNEL IMPEDANCE SELECTOR 4 - 8 - 16
- R CHANNEL SPEAKER OUT JACK
- R CHANNEL IMPEDANCE SELECTOR 4 - 8 - 16
- L & R INPUT JACKS - PHONO - CD - AUX
- Frequency Response: 20 to 20,000 hz
- Distortion: Less than 1%
- Input Impedance: Phono 70K ohms - AUX (Tuner/CD/IPOD) 1 meg
- Output Impedance: Selectable 4 - 8 - 16 ohm
- Input: 1.0 v RMS for full output
- Output Power: 15 Watts per channel
- Power Consumption: 120V 60hz 125 watts
- Dimensions: 17" W x 10" D x 7" H
- Weight: 25 lbs.
$1095.00 SUPER DEAL SALE PRICE $895.00 CLICK HERE TO ORDER
1. MUSICAL INSTRUMENT PREAMP - standard 1/4" jacks which allows you to use with guitar, piano, etc. Preamps can be wired for Fender, Marshall or VOX type inputs. Add $100.00.
2. STEEL CAGE - classic 60's perforated steel cage and Fender style strap handle. (Not available with wood side panels) . Add $135.00
3. WOOD SIDE PANELS - vintage style oak wood side panels. (Cannot be used with steel cage option) Add $25.00
4. MAGNETIC PHONO PREAMP - for vintage magnetic players without a built-in preamp. Add $100.00
5. 100 - 240 VOLT POWER TRANSFORMER - for operation outside the USA. Please specify line voltage.Add $55.00
6. CUSTOM CABS AND ENCLOSURES - Please see our Cabinets page for a variety of custom built cabinets and enclosures including head cabs, combo cabs, speaker cabs, rack mount chassis, road cases etc.
Jim - I am sitting and listening to your amp- it is all warmed up and playing a new "Tommy" LP. The amp sounds just stunning: very powerful and dynamic, detailed, open, huge bottom end. I will say that bypassing the presence and treble controls raised the volume and lifted a veil. I have listened to and owned lots of amps and I am amazed by the value in this one- it could compete with amps costing three times as much. Once warmed up, it was immediately and completely involving. Please feel free to use me as a reference for this fine amp. Best regards, Jeff S. (New York)
Hi Jim - I just wanted to let you know that I have received the 4772 amp today. Man, does it look beautiful!!!To me, it is a piece of art, just like the other amps I have from you. I was impressed by it's size, it is bigger than I thought and sometimes bigger is better :-) It seems to have survived the journey over the Atlantic well. I am really happy Jim, thank you so much for building it for me! You guys at Frenzel are the best. I will get back to you for more orders soon..(thinking of the twin deluxe and the champ sportster at the moment..and I have some ideas that we might get to work) and oh yes, that mic-preamp we were discussing some time ago! Only a fool would be satisfied before he have all the products you have to offer. :-) Honestly, your amps warm my heart, I am not just buying an amp when I buy from you, it's so much more and so much better (and definitely more value!!)! Once again, thank you so much!! Anders H. (Switzerland)
Thank you Jim. I spent two hours last night discovering what I have been missing from my CDs. I finally found the amp that would match my DIY full-range speakers and at a price that did not leave a hole in my pocket. Thank you for the passion and effort that have been placed into the building of this amp. It shows in the results. Basil C. (California)